108-Gb/s Integrated Ethernet Multilayer Switch
*Certain versions of this device are not available for sale in Germany or shipment to or from Germany, and these versions should not be used in any product destined for the German market.
Highly integrated multilayer switch designed to address new and emerging service provider networking applications.
The BCM56685 is part of Broadcom's seventh-generation StrataXGS® product line. The BCM56685 offers the right combination of cost-effective Carrier Ethernet technology, with the ability to deliver outstanding system solutions for broadband access equipment. With its 2.5 Gb/s interfaces, the BCM56685 is tailored for direct interfaces to GPON ports and dense DSL line cards, minimizing total system power, board area and solution cost.
- Seventh generation of Broadcom switch technology, supporting switching and routing
- Nonblocking architecture, line rate for all packet sizes
- Highly integrated, purpose-built solution for next-generation DSL and PON access equipment
- Delivers the most popular existing and emerging transport protocols in a flexible implementation for protocol bridging applications
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (switching)
|External Memory Interfaces||8-bit and 16-bit Flash, w/ 6 Chip Selects SRAM, NVSRAM|