108-Gb/s Integrated Ethernet Multilayer Switch
Highly integrated multilayer switch designed to address new and emerging service provider networking applications.
The BCM56685 is part of Broadcom's seventh-generation StrataXGS® product line. The BCM56685 offers the right combination of cost-effective Carrier Ethernet technology, with the ability to deliver outstanding system solutions for broadband access equipment. With its 2.5 Gb/s interfaces, the BCM56685 is tailored for direct interfaces to GPON ports and dense DSL line cards, minimizing total system power, board area and solution cost.
- Seventh generation of Broadcom switch technology, supporting switching and routing
- Nonblocking architecture, line rate for all packet sizes
- Highly integrated, purpose-built solution for next-generation DSL and PON access equipment
- Delivers the most popular existing and emerging transport protocols in a flexible implementation for protocol bridging applications
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (switching)