24-Port 10-GbE and Four-Port Multilayer Gigabit Ethernet Switch
24-port 10GbE multilayer switch with four Gigabit Ethernet ports; each of the 10-GbE ports can also support 1 GbE, 2.5 GbE or 10 GbE as well as HiGig™/HiGig2™ protocols.
The BCM56820 supports line rate, full-duplex switching for 240+ Gb/s and has built-in Layer 2, VLAN, and Layer 3 tables with 10 Quality-of-Service (QoS) queues per port. A multistage ingress and egress ContentAware™ Engine enables deep packet inspection and classification provides flexible ingress and egress Access Control Lists (ACL), IPv4/v6 flow, proprietary headers and multituple lookups, all at line rate.
- Provides 24 10-Gigabit Ethernet (10-GbE) ports and four 1-GbE ports; each of the 10-GbE ports can also support GbE, 2.5 GbE or 10 GbE, as well as HiGig/HiGig2 protocols
- Line rate full-duplex switching for 240+ Gb/s
- High level of integration and low power consumption enable high-performance, high-port density 10-GbE in the same form factor as 1-GbE solutions
- Intelligent Traffic Management with SAFC supports storage, HPC, video, voice and data over unified 10-GbE fabric, enabling convergence in the data center
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (switching)
- Blade Servers
- Top-of-Rack Switches
- Data Center Servers (switching)
- Network Attached Storage
- Storage Area Networks