12-Port 10-GbE and Eight-Port HiGig™ and Four-Port GbE Multilayer Switch
12-port 10GbE multilayer switch with eight HiGig™ ports and four Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports; each of the HiGig/10-GbE ports can also support 1 GbE, 2.5 GbE or 10 GbE, as well as HiGig2™ protocol.
The BCM56820 supports line rate, full-duplex switching for 252+ Gb/s and has built-in Layer 2, VLAN and Layer 3 tables with 10 Quality-of-Service (QoS) queues per port. A multistage ingress and egress ContentAware™ Engine enables deep packet inspection and classification provides flexible ingress and egress Access Control Lists (ACL), IPv4/v6 flow, proprietary headers and multiple lookups, all at line rate.
- Provides 12 10-Gigabit Ethernet (10-GbE) ports and eight HiGig ports + four 1-GbE port; each of the HighGig/10-GbE ports can also support 1 GbE, 2.5 GbE or 10 GbE, as well as HiGig2 protocol
- High level of integration and low power consumption enable high-performance, high-port density 10-GbE in the same form factor as 1-GbE solutions
- Intelligent Traffic Management with SAFC supports storage, HPC, video, voice and data over unified 10-GbE fabric, enabling convergence in the data center
- Low power, superior enterprise-class features and 10-GbE port density empower next-generation enterprise aggregation and data center applications
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (switching)
- Blade Servers
- Top-of-Rack Switches
- Data Center Servers (switching)
- Network Attached Storage
- Storage Area Networks