High-Capacity StrataXGS® Trident II Ethernet Switch Series
With support for up to 100+ 10-Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports and full flexibility in configuring 10GbE/40GbE ports, the StrataXGS® Trident II switch series can be used to build highly scalable, feature-rich, blade switch, top-of-rack (ToR) switches and aggregation equipment to enable cloud-scale networking.
As server interfaces transition to higher Ethernet speeds and as virtualization continues to increase link utilization, data center networks are demanding switches with dense 10GbE and 40GbE connectivity at the access and aggregation layers. In addition, fabrics of BCM56750 with BCM56850 devices can be interconnected via the HiGig2™ protocol to support multiterabit chassis designs for large-scale data center, enterprise and service provider applications. The StrataXGS Trident II switch with integrated SmartSwitch™ has been designed to address performance, capacity and service requirements for next-generation data centers, cloud computing applications, enterprise campus backbone equipment and high-density fabrics for access and mobile core networks.
- Single-chip solution for common fixed top-of-rack (ToR), aggregation and line-card switching applications
- Single design meets the needs of multiple markets including enterprise and cloud data centers as well as carrier-access applications
- First switch to support VMWare® VXLAN and Microsoft® NVGRE tunneling protocols supported by SmartNV™ technology
- Enables spanning-tree-free and CLOS-style network topologies through TRILL, SPB and ECMP with SmartHash™ technology
- SmartTable and SmartBuffer technologies enable large-scale data centers with 10,000+ end user nodes
- Up to 128x 10G integrated SerDes with Energy Efficient Ethernet for maximum port density per RU
- Standards-compliant 10GbE/40GbE switch with support for up to 32 ports of 40GbE or up to 100+ ports 1GbE/10GbE
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (switching)
- Data Center Servers (switching)