12-Port Layer 2+ Gigabit Ethernet Switch
The BCM5698 is an integral component of the highly modular switch architecture. The flexibility and modularity of the BCM5698 switch architecture make it suitable for a wide range of applications including fixed, blade server and metro Ethernet switching.
Each port supports 10/100/1000-Mb/s Ethernet with copper or fiber physical interfaces. The BCM5698 has a fully integrated serializer/deserializer (SerDes) with an SGMII interface on the Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports. The highly flexible ContentAware™ packet filtering and classification engine in the BCM5698 switch family provides a common application platform across the entire StrataXGS® product line. It supports ToS/DiffServ, rate limiting, policing, shaping, marking and remarking. These features enable cutting-edge voice and video applications based on the Internet Protocol.
- 12 10/100/1000-Mb/s Ethernet ports with copper or fiber connectivity
- All address tables and buffer memory fully integrated on-chip
- Enables modular, high-performance GbE switch designs
- Facilitates seamless integration of voice, video and data traffic through low-latency and advanced QoS
- Blade Servers
- Carrier Access Products
- Enterprise LAN Switching
- Embedded Switching
- Customer Premise Equipment
- SMB Switching
- Wireless Routers