24-Gb/s Ethernet Packet Processor Series
A 24-Gb/s packet processor purpose-built for the high-growth carrier Ethernet market.
The programmable device supports equipment categories that include carrier Ethernet and enterprise core switches and routers, next-generation WDM and SONET/SDH telecommunications equipment, and Ethernet access equipment. The BCM88020 is delivered with a complete field-hardened microcode application that is supported within Broadcom's mature and widely adopted software API, which is common across the entire Broadcom Ethernet Switching product line. This combination of hardware processor and production microcode application provides our customers with a complete bridging and routing feature set for carrier Ethernet services — thus dramatically reducing your time to market.
- Exceptional network scalability with deterministic, programmable architecture including BroadSide® line-rate processor, wirespeed performance and coprocessors to accelerate common functions
- Advanced network forwarding include: IEEE 802.1ad Provider Bridging (Q-in-Q), IEEE 802.1ah Provider Backbone Bridging (MAC-in-MAC), IPv4 and IPv6 unicast and multicast routing, MPLS and VPLS forwarding and tunneling
- Programmable architecture adapts to changing network requirements
- Complete application solution minimizes time-to-market and decreases risk
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (switching)