XGS Core Switch Series
*Certain versions of this device are not available for sale in Germany or shipment to or from Germany, and these versions should not be used in any product destined for the German market.
Fourth-generation programmable packet processors, built upon the proven XCore® packet-processing architecture.
The BCM88030 Series provides completely flexible and programmable forwarding solutions, ensuring that the most demanding existing and future applications can be supported. The BCM88030 Series delivers extremely high performance in single devices by utilizing an array of 64 purpose-built processing engines as well as large-scale hardware acceleration of key functions such as packet parsing, Exact Match and Longest Prefix Match (LPM) classification and lookups.
- Array of 64 purpose-built programmable processing elements Standard-based 100 GbE, 40 GbE, 10 GbE and 1 GbE support
- Direct connect to optical modules
- Large-scale hardware acceleration of key functions
- Packet parsing and classification of packet headers
- ACL rules on-chip with external expansion via TCAM
- L2/L3/L4 table scalability with low-cost DDR3 SDRAM
- Counters/statistics support in deep on-chip memory
- RFC-2697/2698/4115- and MEF-compliant policers on-chip Layer 2 bridging, IEEE 802.3™, IEEE 802.1q, IEEE 802.1ad PB, IEEE 802.1ah PBB
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (switching)
|External Memory Interfaces||8-bit and 16-bit Flash, w/ 6 Chip Selects SRAM, NVSRAM|