630-Gb/s High-Performance Packet Switch Fabric
The SBX fabric is equally applicable to the next-generation Carrier Ethernet Switch Router (CESR) and Enterprise Core modular platforms.
Its linear scalability allows end users to offer a family of platforms using the same fabric design and architecture. Customers can develop these platforms with a common fabric architecture and then target them to both enterprise and CESR applications with specialized line cards. For CESR applications, the SBX fabric feature set meets the stringent QoS and high-availability requirements demanded by the carriers when offering network-wide SLAs to end customers. For Enterprise Core platforms, the high density and scale of the fabric along with the QoS features address the needs of the next-generation core platforms. Complete solutions are offered along with the BCM88130 by providing a family of queuing engines and forwarding engines that offer progammability and high-density switching.
- Scales linearly to over 10 Tb/s
- Non-blocking architecture
- Proven fabric architecture for a range of modular platforms
- Interoperable with current QE2000 and future Queuing Engines to provide line-card future-proofing
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (switching)
- Blade Servers
- Top-of-Rack Switches
- Data Center Servers (switching)
- Metropolitan Packet Aggregation
- Network Attached Storage
- Storage Area Networks
- EDGE and Terabit Routers