80-Gb/s Fabric Interface with Integrated Traffic Management
The BCM88235 XGS Core® Fabric Interface with Integrated Traffic Management is part of the XGS Core Fabric family.
The BCM88235 integrates packet buffering, traffic management and a high-speed switch fabric interface. It provides four HiGig2™ interfaces for connection to packet processor devices, such as the BCM56620 family of StrataXGS® switch devices or the BCM88025 family of network processors. These HiGig2 interfaces support channelized flow control.
- Third-generation fabric interface and traffic manager supporting 80 Gb/s of wirespeed bandwidth per device; scalable up to 11 Tb/s of total fabric bandwidth in the system
- Virtual Output Queuing (VOQ) and Subscriber Queuing (SQ)
- A part of the XGS Core Fabric solution
- Up to 2.4 GB of DDR3 SDRAM with deep buffering for guaranteed goodput
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (switching)
- Blade Servers
- Top-of-Rack Switches
- Data Center Servers (switching)
- Network Attached Storage
- Storage Area Networks