120Gbps 1/10 Gigabit Ethernet StrataDNX® Qumran-UX Ethernet Switch Series
Broadcom's BCM88270 Series, also known as the StrataDNX® Qumran-UX switch series, can help build highly scalable, feature-rich, centralized, fixed or modular aggregation switches to enable cloud-scale networking and Carrier network applications. The BCM88270 devices process up to 120 Gbps traffic, supporting up to 28 full-duplex 1G Ethernet (GE) ports, 8 full-duplex 10GE ports or 2 full-duplex 40GE ports at Layer 2 through Layer 4 with integrated deep-buffer traffic management capabilities, and a fabric interface.
The BCM88270 series is based on the seventh generation of the Dune scalable switching product line.
It is used to build a variety of network switch solutions with flexible Ethernet port rates.
– 30Gbps, 60Gbps and 120 Gbps full-duplex switching devices
• Flexible network interface:
– 1GE, 2.5GE, 10GE and 40GE interfaces
– Support for a mix of ETH ports on the same device
• Traffic manager:
– Deep buffering, GDDR5/DDR4 DRAM-based
– Large on-chip buffers
– Hierarchical QoS
– Programmable, hierarchical scheduling
• Flexible and microcode-programmable packet processor:
– Bridging, routing, MPLS, VPLS, L2VPNs, L3VPNs, OAM
– Data Center Tunneling Encapsulations including VXLAN, NV-GRE
• Built-in support for data center, carrier and metro Ethernet, and transport applications
– Large on-chip tables with off-chip expandability
– OAM accelerator engine