300Gbps 10/100 Gigabit Ethernet StrataDNX® Qumran-AX Ethernet Switch Series
Broadcom's BCM88470 Series, also known as the StrataDNX® Qumran-AX switch series, can help build highly scalable, feature-rich, centralized, fixed or modular aggregation switches to enable cloud-scale networking and Carrier network applications. The BCM88470 devices process up to 300 Gbps traffic, supporting up to 48 full-duplex 10G Ethernet (GE) ports, 16 full-duplex 40GE ports, or 4 full-duplex 100GE ports at Layer 2 through Layer 4 with integrated deep-buffer traffic management capabilities, and a fabric interface.
The BCM88470 series is based on the seventh generation of the Dune scalable switching product line.
It is used to build a variety of network switch solutions with flexible I/O interfaces, such as Ethernet or OTN.
– 300 Gbps full-duplex switching
• Mesh interface:
– SerDes interface for back-to-back connection of two BCM88470 devices
• Flexible network interface:
– 1GE, 2.5GE, 10GE, 40GE and 100GE interfaces
– Support for a mix of OTN (ODU) and ETH ports on the same device
• Traffic manager:
– Deep buffering, GDDR5/DDR4 DRAM-based
– Large on-chip buffers
– Hierarchical QoS
– Programmable, hierarchical scheduling
• Flexible and microcode-programmable packet processor:
– Bridging, routing, MPLS, VPLS, L2VPNs, L3VPNs, OAM
– Data Center Tunneling Encapsulations including VXLAN, NV-GRE
• Built-in support for data center, carrier and metro Ethernet, and transport applications
– Large on-chip tables with off-chip expandability
– OAM accelerator engine
• OTN and TDM support:
– Dedicated low delay pipe for TDM/OTN traffic
– Fixed and predictable latency data path for TDM systems