300Gbps 10/100 Gigabit Ethernet StrataDNX® Qumran-AX Ethernet Switch Series
*Certain versions of this device are not available for sale in Germany or shipment to or from Germany, and these versions should not be used in any product destined for the German market.
Broadcom's BCM88470 Series, also known as the StrataDNX® Qumran-AX switch series, can help build highly scalable, feature-rich, centralized, fixed or modular aggregation switches to enable cloud-scale networking and Carrier network applications. The BCM88470 devices process up to 300 Gbps traffic, supporting up to 48 full-duplex 10G Ethernet (GE) ports, 16 full-duplex 40GE ports, or 4 full-duplex 100GE ports at Layer 2 through Layer 4 with integrated deep-buffer traffic management capabilities, and a fabric interface.
The BCM88470 series is based on the seventh generation of the Dune scalable switching product line.
It is used to build a variety of network switch solutions with flexible I/O interfaces, such as Ethernet or OTN.
– 300 Gbps full-duplex switching
• Mesh interface:
– SerDes interface for back-to-back connection of two BCM88470 devices
• Flexible network interface:
– 1GE, 2.5GE, 10GE, 40GE and 100GE interfaces
– Support for a mix of OTN (ODU) and ETH ports on the same device
• Traffic manager:
– Deep buffering, GDDR5/DDR4 DRAM-based
– Large on-chip buffers
– Hierarchical QoS
– Programmable, hierarchical scheduling
• Flexible and microcode-programmable packet processor:
– Bridging, routing, MPLS, VPLS, L2VPNs, L3VPNs, OAM
– Data Center Tunneling Encapsulations including VXLAN, NV-GRE
• Built-in support for data center, carrier and metro Ethernet, and transport applications
– Large on-chip tables with off-chip expandability
– OAM accelerator engine
• OTN and TDM support:
– Dedicated low delay pipe for TDM/OTN traffic
– Fixed and predictable latency data path for TDM systems
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (switching)
|External Memory Interfaces||8-bit and 16-bit Flash, w/ 6 Chip Selects SRAM, NVSRAM|