6.25-Gb/s Self-Routing Switching Element with Integrated Full-Duplex Serial Links
The second generation of Dune Networks' Fabric Element devices is a self-routing switching element that integrates full-duplex serial links and runs at a speed of up to 6.25 Gb/s. The FE600 is used to build a single-stage switch fabric that supports tens of Fabric Access Processor (FAP) devices, or a folded three-stage switch fabric that supports a thousand FAP devices. The FE600 is oblivious to the FAP rate, the service scheme and the number of FAP devices connected to it.
- The FE600 is backward compatible with all FAP devices.
- HW-based, automatic fault detection and recovery
- Flexible partitioning into multiple, logical planes
- Parallel local processor interface
- In-band management
- Built-in SerDes FEC and PRBS
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (switching)
- Data Center Servers (switching)