6.25-Gb/s Self-Routing Switching Element with Integrated Full-Duplex Serial Links
*Certain versions of this device are not available for sale in Germany or shipment to or from Germany, and these versions should not be used in any product destined for the German market.
The second generation of Dune Networks' Fabric Element devices is a self-routing switching element that integrates full-duplex serial links and runs at a speed of up to 6.25 Gb/s. The FE600 is used to build a single-stage switch fabric that supports tens of Fabric Access Processor (FAP) devices, or a folded three-stage switch fabric that supports a thousand FAP devices. The FE600 is oblivious to the FAP rate, the service scheme and the number of FAP devices connected to it.
- The FE600 is backward compatible with all FAP devices.
- HW-based, automatic fault detection and recovery
- Flexible partitioning into multiple, logical planes
- Parallel local processor interface
- In-band management
- Built-in SerDes FEC and PRBS
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (switching)
- Data Center Servers (switching)