OCP Open Switch
Open Compute Project Open Switch Specification
Delivers the foundation for efficient, high-performance and flexible network architectures complementing the goals of OCP networking initiatives.
Broadcom has developed an Open Switch Specification addressing popular leaf and spine switch configurations and feature requirements, in compliance with the charter defined by the Open Compute Project's (OCP) Networking Project. The Broadcom-contributed Open Switch Specification is based on the widely deployed StrataXGS® Trident switch architecture that supports a large ecosystem of networking operating systems and applications. The specification utilizes the latest in the Trident family — the Trident II, which is widely adopted and brings the most advanced and comprehensive feature set into the open-switch ecosystem. The adoption of this specification will enable faster innovation in the market, while providing more choice to data center operators and telecom service providers.
- Open rack and enterprise rack 1U-compliant leaf and spine switch design
- Based on Broadcom StrataXGS Trident II with 1.28 Tb/s capacity and Smart-Switch Technologies
- Leaf switch configurations: 48x10GbE + 6x40GbE ports or 48x10GbE + 12x40GbE ports
- Spine switch configurations: 32x 40GbE ports or 96x10GbE + 8x40GbE ports
- Supports ONIE (Open Networking Installer Environment) and multiple off-the-shelf network OS options
- X86 control plane CPU with server-class Linux operating system and tools
- Available options for other MIPS/PPC CPUs
- Support for optional data plane co-processor based on Broadcom XLP432 for L4-L7 network functions acceleration
- Software-Defined Networking Solutions