80-Gb/s Integrated Full-Duplex MAC, Packet Processing, Traffic Management and Fabric Access
Integrates Media Access Controller (MAC), packet processing, traffic management and fabric access, all at 80-Gb/s full-duplex wirespeed.
P330 enables complete line-card functionality on a chip for data center applications. By integrating packet processing into the P220/230 line of devices, the solution enables designing high-density switching line cards, ranging from 24 to 48 10-GE ports for data center applications. This translates into a non-compromising switching system design, including a strictly non-blocking fabric, 100 ms packet buffer and densities of up to 768 ports of 10-GE or 40-GE/100-GE equivalent, all within a single-stage fabric. The P330 enables the building of switching systems that optimize power and cost metrics to be similar to Not Recommended for New Design 1-GE switching systems.
- 80-G full-duplex wirespeed single chip, integrating fabric interface, traffic manager and packet-processing capabilities
- Packet processing targeted at data center applications
- 6.25-Gb/s serializer/deserializer (SerDes) technology
- Up to 240 Gb/s/80 Tb/s non-blocking mesh/fabric configurations
- Per-flow queuing service model with programmable fine-grained scheduling
- Automatic fault detection and recovery with no software intervention
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (switching)
- Data Center Servers (switching)