Smart GbE Switch
Optimal solution for consumer switching needs with its support for high-performance line rate capabilities and ability to identify and prioritize different data packet types within the switch while simultaneously assigning voice packets a higher priority for outbound communications.
The BCM53115 is poised to drive Gigibit Ethernet (GbE) into the unmanaged and Smart switch, WLAN router and CPE/Gateway markets with its comprehensive Layer 2 feature set, support for both DSL/cable modem and WLAN connectivity, and an industry-leading 5 Gb of switching capacity — all on a single chip.
- Highly integrated 65 nanometer (nm) process, non-blocking five-port 10/100/1000 switch silicon that integrates five 10/100/1000 PHYs and two fully integrated GMII/RGMII/MII interfaces Inband Management Ports (IMP) for glueless connection to a CPU or WLAN
- Broadcom-patented features provide unique and easy-to-use solutions to network loop and cable problems. LoopDTech™ automatically detects network-debilitating loops, reducing system cost. CableChecker can be run at any time to detect cable length and problems without interrupting live traffic and keep consumers connected
- Industry's first 65 nm five-port Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switch in a single chip enables ubiquitous deployment of GbE to consumer electronic devices and home networking equipment
- Flexible solution enables cost-optimized consumer system designs that require scalable interfaces to address every facet of the consumer market segment
- Access Points
- Home and Small Business Servers (switching)
|SerDes / GPHY||5 EPHY, 2 x 1G|
|I/O Bandwidth (Gbps)||7|
|I/O BANDWIDTH (Gbps)||7|