Nine-Port GbE Switch with Eight Integrated 10/100/1000 PHYs
Highly integrated, cost-effective gigabit switch.
The switch design is based on the field-proven industry-leading BCM5398. The BCM53118 combines all the functions of a high-speed switch system, including eight full-duplex 10/100/1000BASE-T/TX Ethernet transceivers, packet buffer, Media Access Controllers (MACs) and a non-blocking switch fabric, into a single 65 nm LP CMOS device. In addition, the BCM53118 has one GMII/RGMII/MII/RvMII interface for a CPU or a wireless/DSL/cable router chip. It complies with the IEEE 802.3™ and IEEE 802.3x specifications, including the MAC control PAUSE frame, providing compatibility with all industry-standard Ethernet, Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) devices. The BCM53118 is packed with features, including VLAN, VLAN double tagging, per-port QoS, jumbo frame support, DOS prevent engine, per-port rate control and MIBs management. It also includes two Broadcom patented technologies, LoopDTech™ and CableChecker™, that are designed to lower the human effort for troubleshooting cable problems and loops during installation and for post-installation support.
- Highly integrated, non-blocking nine-port 10/100/1000 switch silicon that integrates: eight 10/100/1000 PHYs, one GMII/RGMII interface for an Inband Management Port (IMP) for glueless connection to a CPU/management entity and serial EEPROM, MDC/MDIO, SPI and Interrupt-to-CPU interfaces
- Broadcom's LoopDTech&trade and CableChecker™ help reduce network downtime and minimize installation, maintenance and support efforts
- Flexible solution enables cost-optimized board and system designs
- Additional interfaces enable efficient designs for branch office switch applications. Flexible CPU interface allows it to work with any CPU
- Home and Small Business Servers (switching)
|SerDes / GPHY||8 GPHY, 1 x 1G|
|I/O Bandwidth (Gbps)||9|
|I/O BANDWIDTH (Gbps)||9|