Ultra-Low-Power Five-Port GbE Time Sensitive Networking Switch
The Broadcom® BCM53154 is a next-generation ultra-low-power five-port GbE switch. The BCM53154 is based on the new 28-nm RoboSwitch™ 2 architecture and focuses on power-sensitive applications up to five ports—specifically daisy-chain and star topologies in industrial environments as well as low port count unmanaged and web-managed SMB switches.
The BCM53154 supports four 10/100/1000BASE-T ports with integrated GPHYs, a single 1GbE/2.5GbE SGMII port, and a single RGMII 1GbE port.
The BCM53154 is designed for next-generation cost-sensitive applications in the Industrial and SMB markets that require advanced forwarding engines that were not available in prior ICs. Specifically, this new switch supports Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN) and low-latency cut-through forwarding technologies that are essential in many of today’s Industrial market segments. The BCM53154 also supports the new IEEE 802.1BR Port-Extender standard that enables the construction of large, yet extremely cost-effective, distributed SMB switching platforms.
Users of the BCM53154 can take advantage of the IC-integrated ARM CPU to build a complete SMB or Industrial switching solution without adding an external processor. More so, for software needs users can utilize the RoboSwitch 2 ROBO-OS™ operating system and significantly reduce their time-to-market with the new hardware.
The BCM53154 is pin-to-pin compatible to RoboSwitch 2 devices BCM53112 and BCM5316X. This compatibility enables customers to easily build a full portfolio of industrial and SMB switches with almost no changes to their main PCBs. The new portfolio can support any speed from 100 Mb/s to 10GbE and any port count, from as small as 3-port switches up to 24-port switches by cascading two BCM53162 devices.
The BCM53154 supports many high-end features such as Virtual Switching Instances (VSI) for improving VLAN segregation for security-enhanced solutions, advanced QoS mechanism with ingress and egress rate-limiting, and a Content Field Processor (CFP) that enable users to classify traffic according to OSI model L1 to L4 fields.
The BCM53154 is supported by all software suites designed for the RoboSwitch 2 architecture. Basic, unmanaged software can be used to construct unmanaged switches with basic functionalities and no VLAN segregation. Web-managed software (such as the ROBO-OS operating system) can be used to build web-controlled switches while full-featured SDK software can be used to construct managed devices that are controlled by an external CPU.
- 4 × 10/100/1000Base-T ports with integrated ultra-low-power GPHYs.
- 1 x 1GbE/2.5GE SGMII port
- 1x RGMII
- Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN) support (802.1Qav, 802.1Qbv, 802.1Qci, IEEE 802.1AS, Cut-through)
- IEEE 1588 and SyncE support, including 802.1ASrev
- Cut-Through mode support
- Embedded ARM Cortex-M7, 400 MHz, CPU
- Switch cascading for double port-count
- 16K entry MAC address table
- 1K multicast group support
- 1 MB packet buffer
- srTCM and trTCM meters (support color aware and color blind modes)
- Eight CoS queues per port with priority flow-control
- EEE 802.1p, MAC, and DSCP packet classification
- Per-queue and per port shaper
- 4K VLANs (IEEE 802.1Q) with Virtual Switching Instance (VSI) support
- 1K CFP rules support (up to 192b key)
- Mirroring and sFlow sampling
- Loop detection
- 1K packets and bytes counters
- 16 LAG trunks (32 supported across cascaded switches)
- VLAN mapping and translation
- Protection and security mechanisms: port authentication (802.1x), isolation groups, BUM traffic metering, DOS filtering
- IEEE802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
- 802.1BR standards-based port extender
- Jumbo frame: up to 10K bytes
- 19 × 19mm FBGA package
- Supports industrial temperature range (−40°C to +85°C)
- Industrial Ethernet standalone switches
- Integrated industrial switches in PLCs and other field devices
- Unmanaged/web-managed/fully-managed standalone SMB switches
- Port extension solutions per 802.1BR
|SerDes / GPHY||4 GPHY, 2 x 1G|
|I/O Bandwidth (Gbps)||6|
|I/O BANDWIDTH (Gbps)||6|