Ultra-Low Power 2.5GE switch with 10GE uplink ports
BCM5316X is a family of 2.5GE switches designed for high-end and cost effective multi-GE applications in the SMB, Industrial and Service Provider markets.
BCM5316X switches support four 2.5GE SGMII+ ports two 2.5GE/10GE XFI/SFI ports and up to eight 10/100/1000Base-T ports with integrated GPHYs.
This switch family is based on the industry-leading 28 nm RoboSwitch™ architecture, also known as Robo-2. Products in this family integrate powerful ARM Cortex-M7 CPU that enables customers to design switching platforms without adding an external processor. They are also equipped with high-end forwarding mechanisms that are required in many advanced applications. Among which, advanced QoS engine, flexible content filter processor (CFP), sophisticated VLAN manipulation capability, security features, packet synchronization for time sensitive networks and many more.
the BCM5316X family of switches is supported by multiple software packages designed for different applications. Basic unmanaged software can be used to construct unmanaged switches with basic functionalities and no vlan segregation. Web-managed software, a.k.a. Robo-OS™, can be used to build web-controlled switches, and fully-featured SDK software can be used to construct Managed devices that are controlled by an external CPU, e.g. Home-Gateways and MDUs where a BCM5316X chip is connected to an external PON or DSL SOC.
Broadcom's BCM5316X chips can be used to construct standalone platforms with low port-count configuration (up to 15 ports), or, to construct, through a cascaded solution, a double port-count switch by connecting two chips back-to-back.
- Embedded ARM Cortex-M7 , 400 MHz.
- Up to 8 × 10/100/1000Base-T ports with integrated ultra-low-power GPHYs.
- 4 × 1GE/2.5GE.SGMII+ ports.
- 2 × 1GE/2.5GE/10G XFI/SFI ports with KR support.
- 1x RGMII.
- Switch cascading.
- 16K entry MAC address table.
- 1K multicast group support.
- 1 MB packet buffer.
- srTCM and trTCM meters (support color aware and color blind modes).
- Eight CoS queues per port with priority flow-control.
- EEE 802.1p, MAC, and DSCP packet classification.
- Per-queue and per port shaper.
- 4K VLANs (IEEE 802.1Q) with Virtual Switching Instance (VSI) support.
- 1K CFP rules support (up to 192b key).
- Mirroring and sFlow sampling.
- Loop detection
- 1K packets and byte.s counters.
- 16 LAG trunks (32 supported across cascaded switches).
- VLAN mapping and translation.
- Protection and security mechanisms: port authentication (802.1x), isolation groups, BUM flood prevention, traffic metering, DOS filtering.
- IEEE802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE).
- 802.1BR standards-based port extender.
- AVB and Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN) (802.1Qbv, 802.1Qav, 802.1ASrev..).
- IEEE 1588 and SyncE support
- Jumbo frame support: up to 10K bytes
- 19 × 19 mm FBGA package.
- Unmanaged and Web-Managed SMB support
- Industrial applications such as Industrial Automation, Robotics, Industrial appliances etc..
- Enteprise port-extender and security appliances
- Home-Gateways and MDUs for broadband access
|SerDes / GPHY||8 GPHY , 4 x 1G/2.5G, 2 x 1G/2.5G/10G|
|I/O Bandwidth (Gbps)||39|
|I/O BANDWIDTH (Gbps)||39|