Integrated 16 FE + 2-GbE Managed Switch
Ninth-generation RoboSwitch™ design based on the field-proven BCM5320 device.
This integrated 0.13-micron CMOS device combines all the functions of a high-speed switch system including packet buffers, PHY transceivers, Media Access Controllers (MACs), address management and a non-blocking switch fabric. It is designed to be fully compliant with the IEEE 802.3 and IEEE 802.3x specifications, including the MAC control pause frame, auto-negotiation, and with all industry standard Ethernet and Fast Ethernet devices. The BCM53212M contains 16 full-duplex 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet transceivers with advanced cable diagnostics support. Each performs all of the physical layer interface functions for 10BASE-T Ethernet on Category 3, 4 or 5 Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) cable and 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet on category 5 UTP cable. In addition, the BCM53212M has two GMII/RGMII/TBI interfaces that provide flexible 10/100/1000BASE-TX/FX connectivity. An additional MAC is included for CPU connection via RvMII or MII interface. For documentation and support, visit Broadcom Communities.
- Ninth-generation L2+ Fast Ethernet switch with two GMII/RGMII/TBI interfaces with 16 port 10/100 transceivers for TX/EFX, advanced cable diagnostic support, 17 10/100 MACs, two Gigabit MACs, 3-Mbit (384 KB) packet buffer and control memory and management port with RvMII/MII interface
- Non-blocking switch fabric for 16 FE + two GbE ports
- Link aggregation support with automatic link fail-over
- Programmable per-port bandwidth/rate control
- Home and Small Business Servers (switching)
|SerDes / GPHY||16 EPHY, 1 x 100, 2 x 1GM|
|I/O Bandwidth (Gbps)||4|
|I/O BANDWIDTH (Gbps)||4|