Five-Port GbE Switch with Five Integrated PHYs and LoopDTech™
Highly integrated, cost-effective Gigabit switch. The BCM5395 combines all the functions of a high-speed switch system including five full-duplex 10/100/1000 BASE-T/TX Ethernet transceivers, packet buffer, Media Access Controllers (MACs) and a non-blocking switch fabric into a single 0.13 micron CMOS device.
In addition, the BCM5395 has one GMII/RGMII/MII/RvMII interface for a CPU or a wireless/DSL/cable router chip. It complies with the IEEE 802.3™ and IEEE 802.3x specifications including the MAC control pause frame, providing compatibility with all industry-standard Ethernet, Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet devices.
- Highly integrated, non-blocking switch silicon that includes five integrated 10/100/1000 PHYs, one GMII/RGMII interface for an in-band management port (IMP) for glueless connection to a CPU/management entity, serial EEPROM, MDC/MDIO, SPI and Interrupt-to-CPU Interface
- LoopDTech™ and CableChecker™ reduce network down time and minimize support effort
- Provides a flexible solution for cost-optimized board and system designs
- Additional interfaces enable efficient designs for branch office switch applications. Flexible CPU interface allows the BCM5395 to work with any CPU.
- Home and Small Business Servers (switching)
Not Recommended for New Design
|Lifecycle||Not Recommended for New Design|
|SerDes / GPHY||5 x GPHY, 1 x 1G|
|I/O Bandwidth (Gbps)||6|
|I/O BANDWIDTH (Gbps)||6|