24-Port WebSmart GbE Switch with Four 1G/10G Uplinks, Integrated CPU and 16 Copper PHYs
The BCM53344 and BCM53346 System-on-a-Chip (SoC) switch family offers industry-leading integration and performance in a small footprint.
The device offers up to 24 multilayer Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports and a maximum of four integrated 1G and 10G SerDes transceivers, respectively, in a small package. Offering the industry's highest level of integration, the BCM53344 and 53346 have embedded 16 GbE (Physical Layers) PHYs and a powerful 400 MHz ARM® Cortex™-A9 processor. The BCM53344 and BCM53346 are ideal for cost-sensitive edge connectivity applications, such as WebSmart switches for small to medium businesses (SMB).
The BCM53344 and 53346 device family offers I/O configurations that address key segments of edge connectivity. To reduce the overall system cost, the device is engineered for low-power operation to enable up to 48x GbE + 4x 10GbE (or 13G stacking) designs. Furthermore, the device I/O is optimized for simplified board layout. When used with the Broadcom QSGMII PHY, both the BCM53344 and 53346 devices can be connected to the PHYs without any trace crossovers.
- Integrated high-performance Cortex-A9 processor
- Highly integrated 24-port 10/100/1000 Mb/s Ethernet switch SoC
- Embedded 16 integrated copper 10/100/1000 EEE PHYs
- Two integrated QSGMII/1GbE interfaces
- Non-blocking architecture, full wirespeed performance for 24x GbE and 48x GbE systems
- Fully integrated 1.5-MB packet buffer
- BCM53344 includes up to four GbE or two GbE + two HiGig-Duo™ cascade ports for non-blocking 48-port design
- BCM53346 includes up to four XFI/SFI uplink/stacking ports or two XFI + two HiGig-Duo™ cascade ports
- Home and Small Business Servers (switching)
|SerDes / GPHY||48 x 1G, 4 x 10G, 2 x 21G|
|I/O Bandwidth (Gbps)||130|
|I/O BANDWIDTH (Gbps)||130 Gbps|