10 Tb/s StrataDNX™ Jericho2 Ethernet Switch Series
Broadcom’s new switch SoCs, Jericho2 and Ramon, are ideal for carrier Ethernet, edge and core routers, data center cloud, and enterprise campus market segments.
Jericho2 is the world’s first to provide 10 Tb/s packet processing per device at a high interface bandwidth while integrating a scalable multi-terabit switch fabric, hierarchical traffic manager, scalable packet buffer memory and the Elastic Pipe™ packet processing. This unique combination enables equipment makers to revolutionize the router equipment economics with a higher port density, lower power consumption and greater subscriber scale in a smaller physical system size.
The StrataDNX family of expandable products is complementary to Broadcom’s highly integrated StrataXGS® Trident and Tomahawk® SoCs. Together they provide the industry’s most comprehensive end-to-end portfolio of switching solutions across the carrier, data center and enterprise markets.
Jericho2 supports standard implementation for 100 and 400 Gigabit Ethernet, enabling direct connectivity to the Broadcom BCM56960 Tomahawk 3 switch SoC, the industry’s first high-density 100/400 Gigabit Ethernet switch for cloud-scale networks. In addition, the device supports port speeds of up to 400 Gigabit Ethernet, enabling the world’s largest interconnect pipes. Integrated accelerators for carrier service management provide visibility and control for carrier networks and distributed data centers traversing a wide area network (WAN).
The 16 nanometer (nm) StrataDNX switch family offers the following device options:
- BCM88690 – A 10 Tb/s packet processor and traffic manager with DNX fabric interfaces for carrier Ethernet switch router, data center chassis, and enterprise campus applications
- BCM88790 – A high density switch fabric device providing 9.6 Tb/s throughput per device enabling over 200 Tb/s switching capacity in a single modular system when combined with BCM88690
Jericho2 delivers a complete set of advanced features for the most demanding carrier, campus and cloud environments. The device supports low power, high bandwidth HBM packet memory offering up to 160X more traffic buffering compared with on-chip memory, enabling zero-packet-loss in heavily congested networks. In-field reconfigurable, flexible and elastic packet processing engines allow for customer-specific forwarding paradigms or future support of new and emerging protocols.
On-chip hierarchical traffic management ensures per-subscriber bandwidth guarantees, required by carrier networks to deliver on service level agreements (SLAs).
The BCM88690 and the BCM88790 combine the market-leading feature-set of StrataDNX™ with high bandwidth capacity, enabling a new generation of innovative network switch systems. These include deep buffered elements for the data center cloud, and advanced and disaggregated carrier cloud infrastructure solutions combining the attributes of carrier and data center network equipment.
- Up to 10 Tb/s forwarding capacity per device
- Advanced, flexible and elastic packet processor
- Integrated accelerators for carrier service management
- Carrier feature support including Ethernet OAM, MPLS, VPLS
- Integrated hierarchical traffic manager with support for thousands of flows
- Scalable, low power high bandwidth packet buffer memory supporting HBM
- Elastic Pipe™ -- centralized, fungible databases and programmable elements matrix
- Support for 25 GE, 50 GE, 100 GE, 200 GE, 400GE Ethernet port interfaces
- Feature Rich Instrumentation and Telemetry leveraging hardware based accelerators
|SerDes / GPHY||96 x 50G|
|Fabric||112 x 50G|