The Broadcom® BCM88770 is the fourth generation in the StrataDNX™ product line of Fabric Element (FE) devices and is a self-routing cell-based switching element. Together with the BCM88670 and BCM88680, the BCM88770 provides a complete solution for switching fabric, traffic management, packet processing, and network interfaces. Switching platforms can scale up to 6,000 100GbE ports.
The BCM88770 provides scalability in three dimensions: port rates, port count, and traffic management services, allowing the user to connect mixed-rate line cards, for example 100 Gbps through 3.6 Tbps each, with various traffic management schemes.
The BCM88770 is used to build a variety of network switch solutions:
• Over 100 Tbps core/edge switches with singlestage fabric for data center, packet transport, or carrier network applications.
• Multiple interconnected chassis of different capacities, using the BCM88770 two-stage fabric to create a scalable core platform that delivers up to 6,000 ports of 100GbE or their 40GbE/10GbE equivalents.
• Self-routing device with dynamic load balancing
• Support for single-stage and three-stage fabric configurations
• Interconnects up to 1K of BCM88670 devices in a system
• Switches destination-routed and source-routed data cells and control cells
• Supports fabric multicast and multicast load balancing
• Support for three pipes with flexible allocation,
e.g., TDM/OTN - Unicast Data - Multicast Data
• Configurable SerDes rate
• Automatic fault detection
Scheduled device removal and device insertion without cell loss
• Parallel local processor interface using two lanes PCIe Gen2 for configuration, monitoring, and statistics
• Option for Broadcom Serial Control (BSC)
• In-band management and configuration
• Built-in SerDes FEC, retransmit (BEC), and PRBS
|SerDes / GPHY||NA|
|Fabric||144 x 25G|