High-Bandwidth 1 GbE/10 GbE/40 GbE Multilayer Ethernet Switch
High-bandwidth 1 GbE/10 GbE/40 GbE multilayer Ethernet switch designed for access and aggregation deployments.
The BCM56540 is an advanced switch that delivers 180 Gb/s of line-rate performance. Built on the proven StrataXGS® architecture, the BCM56540 brings groundbreaking innovations into the metro aggregation layer. With the Broadcom AppAware™ engine, the BCM56540 enables ubiquitous traffic visualization and application-based flow, QoS and management capabilities cost-effectively.
- 180 Gb/s Carrier Ethernet Switch with GbE, 10 GbE and 40 GbE ports
- Latest MPLS, MPLS-TP, IP standards for PTN and IP-RAN networks
- Guaranteed service with fast linear, ring protection and Ethernet, MPLS OAM
- Embedded synchronization solution including hardware and software
- Flexible unified forwarding table can optimize performance in different network types
- Broadcom AppAware™ flow recognition and QoS
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (switching)
- Data Center Servers (switching)
|SerDes / GPHY||48 x 1G + 8 x HG|
|I/O Bandwidth (Gbps)||128|
|I/O BANDWIDTH (Gbps)||128 Gbps|