Extensible 1/10/40/100-GbE Multilayer Ethernet
Fully integrated Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switch processor, delivering groundbreaking innovations for service provider, data center and enterprise applications.
It offers GbE/10-GbE/40-GbE/100-GbE capability and expansion of L2/L3/ACL with a single external TCAM device. The BCM56640 delivers a wide array of features at line-rate performance. These features include the latest tunnel protocols, hierarchical Quality of Service (QoS), traffic shaping, network OAM and time synchronization, and protection switching. For enterprise-data center convergence, the BCM56640 supports data center bridging, L2 multipathing, virtual machine switching, traffic visualization and application-based QoS.
- 240 Gb/s enterprise switch with 1 GbE to 100 GbE ports and expandable route tables
- Flexible unified forwarding table
- OAM support for IEEE 802.1ag CFM, Y.1731, BFD and BHH for carrier Ethernet
- Rapid linear and ring-protection switching for service guarantees
- Layer 1 and layer 2 network time synchronization
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (switching)
- Data Center Servers (switching)
|SerDes / GPHY||24 x 10G|
|I/O Bandwidth (Gbps)||240|
|External Memory Interfaces|
|I/O BANDWIDTH (Gbps)||240 Gbps|