Point sensor for optical arc flash detection
AFBR-S10PS010Z is an optical point sensor with self-supervision functionality. The light that meets the point sensor is captured and fed into a plastic optical fiber (POF). The self-supervision functionality is achieved by an in-built coupling between two fibers. The special POF-based sensor design allows the system engineer to avoid any galvanic contact between the arc flash area and the detection electronics.
The point sensor consists of two parts -- the sensor head AFBR-S10PS010Z and the connector AFBR-S10PS011Z. Both AFBR-S10PS010Z and AFBR-S10PS011Z are part of Broadcom’s comprehensive arc flash detection portfolio. In combination with Broadcom’s sensor transceiver AFBR-S10TR001Z, they are intended to be used for the detection of arc flash events in electrical power grids.
- Light capturing through the translucent head of the point sensor
- Light coupling into a plastic optical fiber by means of the plastic optical fiber connector
- Optical link self-supervision supported (heartbeat signal)
- Low Halogen and RoHS compliance
- UL flammability UL94HB
- Good chemical resistance
- Operating temperature range -40°C to 85°C
- Acceptance cone exceeds 180° spherical with high homogeneity
- Arc flash event detection
- Light detection