Plastic Optical Fiber Connector for Point Sensor
AFBR-S10PS011Z is a miniature connector used to connect a duplex POF cable to the point sensor. The special POF-based sensor design allows the system engineer to avoid any galvanic contact between the arc flash area and the detection electronics.
The point sensor consists of two parts: the sensor head AFBR-S10PS010Z and the connector AFBR-S10PS011Z. Both AFBR-S10PS010Z and AFBR-S10PS011Z are part of Broadcom’s comprehensive arc flash detection portfolio. In combination with Broadcom’s sensor transceiver AFBR-S10TR001Z, they are intended to be used for the detection of arc flash events in electrical power grids.
- Light coupling into a plastic optical fiber by means of the plastic optical fiber connector
- Optical link self-supervision supported (heartbeat signal)
- Low Halogen and RoHS compliance
- UL flammability UL94HB
- Good chemical resistance
- Operating temperature range –40°C to 85°C
- Suitable for 1.0/2.2-mm diameter duplex plastic optical fiber (POF)
- Arc flash event detection
- Light detection