1Gb/s Compact 650nm POF Transceiver with Bare Fiber Locking System
The Broadcom AFBR-59F3Z is a compact 650nm fiber optic transceiver device designed to support serial data communications via Multi-Level Coset Coding (MLCC) with data rates up to 1 Gb/s over 2.2 mm of jacketed standard polymer optical fiber (POF). The device is built with a simple bare fiber termination for POF.
The innovative bare fiber locking mechanism provides a simple insert-and-lock connection for POF cable eliminating the need for connectors. This facilitates fast installation and maintenance. The AFBR-59F3Z is Laser Class 1, lead-free and compliant with RoHS. The compact device footprint is comparable to that of the well-known RJ-45 connector.
- Easy bare fiber termination solution for 2.2mm jacket POF
- EMI/ EMC robust
- Link distances up to 50 meters of 1mm core diameter POF for 1Gb/s transmission (attenuation smaller than 0.19 dB/m and NA = 0.5)
- Operating temperature from 0 °C to 70 °C
- 3.3V power supply operation
- Integrated optics enabling efficient focusing of light for fiber coupling
- Analog receive power monitor (MON)
- Home/Office Networking
- Factory Automation
- Industrial Vision System
|Fiber Type||Plastic Optical Fiber (POF)|
|Nominal Optical Wavelength (nm)||650|
|Data Rate||1 Gb/s|