250-MBd Compact 650-nm Transceiver for Data Communication over Polymer Optical Fiber (POF) Cables with SMI Connector
The Broadcom AFBR-59SMI2Z transceiver provides system designers with the ability to support serial communication with baud rates of up to 250 MBd over 2.2-mm jacketed standard polymer optical fiber (POF) with 1-mm core diameter and NA 0.5.
The SMI optical interconnect with its push-pull positive latching, with safe-release mechanism, provides secure, safe and easy to mate and de-mate optical connection for miscellaneous industrial and medical applications.
The AFBR-59SMI2Z is Laser Class 1, lead-free and compliant with RoHS.
- Fast Ethernet communications over POF
- Data rates up to 250 MBd
- High EMI/EMC robustness
- SMI connector system
- Link lengths up to 50m POF
- 3.3V operation
- LVDS input and output data connections
- Analog monitoring output (RSSI)
- Operating temperature range from –40°C to +85°C.
- RoHS compliant
- Industrial and medical applications
- Fast Ethernet
|Fiber Type||Plastic Optical Fiber (POF)|
|Nominal Optical Wavelength (nm)||650|
|Data Rate||250 MBd|