Brocade 7840 Extension Switch
Accelerate replication and achieve near-zero downtime between data centers
Faced with unrelenting traffic growth across your data centers? The Brocade 7840 Extension Switch delivers the performance you need to stay ahead of demand, plus continuous availability and simplified management that automatically detects WAN anomalies and avoids unplanned downtime.
Move 6x more data to meet your disaster recovery targets: Your recovery objectives and the capacity to meet them are likely on a collision course, with your enterprise network at the epicenter. The Brocade 7840 Extension Switch—by design— accelerates replication and backup performance over distance with faster throughput.
Achieve near-zero downtime: You need a super-reliable data transfer platform. The Brocade 7840 Extension Switch helps ensure continuous availability between data centers with a host of monitoring, management, and throughput-enhancing technologies.
Deploy 15 years of best practices in one click: aMaximize uptime and simplify management tasks. Gain visibility—and insight—into what’s happening across your data stores. The Brocade 7840 Extension Switch with Fabric Vision technology simplifies management, reduces operating costs, and effectively addresses infrastructure complexity between data centers.
Powerful performance, robust scalability
- Accelerate performance over distance with up to 80 Gbps of throughput
- Maximize replication throughput across IP ports with WAN optimization
- Secure data flows with full-line rate IPsec encryption and no performance penalty
- Speed replication and backup with FastWrite and Tape Pipeline latency optimization
Continuous availability across data centers
- Avoid WAN link failure through Extension Trunking with lossless failover technology
- Achieve always-on operations with the industry’s only WAN-side non-disruptive firmware upgrades
- Maintain uninterrupted WAN performance through dynamic bandwidth sharing with Adaptive Rate Limiting
Simplified management, robust network analytics
- Monitor WAN traffic between data centers proactively to detect anomalies and prevent downtime
- Validate and troubleshoot physical infrastructure with built-in traffic generator and Brocade Flow Vision
- Identify, monitor, and analyze end-to-end I/O flows over distance to accelerate troubleshooting and optimize performance
- Reduce administrative effort with Web-accessible dashboards
|Fibre Channel Ports||24 ports, 16 Gbps, universal (E, F, M, D, and EX ports)|
|Ethernet Ports||16 ports of 1/10 GbE for LAN and WAN connectivity2 ports of 40 GbE for WAN connectivity|
|Port Types||F_Port, E_Port, EX_Port, (FCR E_Port), D_Port (Diagnostic), M_Port (Mirror), and self-discovery based on switch type (U_Port); VE_Port (FCIP and IP)|
|Class_of_Service||Class 2, Class 3, Class F (inter-switch frames)|
|Fibre Channel Performance||2.125 Gbps line speed, full duplex; 4.25 Gbps line speed, full duplex; 8.5 Gbps line speed, full duplex; 14.025 Gbps line speed, full duplex; auto-sensing of 2, 4, 8, and 16 Gbps port speeds|
|Size (mm)||440(W) x 86.4(H)x 609(D)|
|Certified Maximum||Single fabric: 56 domains, 7 hopsMultiprotocol routing fabric: 19 hops|
|Scalability||Full fabric architecture with 254 switches maximum|