Brocade FX 8-24 Extension Blade
Create a network for instant data access
As connections to your network increase, storage infrastructure must provide instant data access. The Brocade FX 8-24 Extension Blade offers port density and fast throughput for remote replication and backup. With 8 Gbps Fibre Channel, 10 GbE, and FCIP technology, this powerhouse maximizes flexibility and scalability with a modular blade platform and simple software licensing.
Build a SAN extension that grows with you: Build a SAN extension from scratch or expand to meet evolving requirements. Install up to four Brocade FX 8-24 Extension Blades in a Brocade DCX 8510 Backbone for scalable Fibre Channel and FCIP bandwidth—ideal for larger enterprise data centers and multi-site environments.
Recover from disaster, transmit data faster: The Brocade FX 8-24 Extension Blade features advanced protection and storage network optimization—so replication and backup applications transmit more data over FCIP links, faster. That means you protect time-sensitive asynchronous or high-priority traffic and optimize available WAN bandwidth.
Eliminate problems with simplified management: Maximize network availability and monitor your SAN fabric with ease. Reduce costs, too. The Brocade FX 8-24 Extension Blade with Fabric Vision technology helps administrators avoid problems before they impact performance and SLAs.
Simplified SAN extension
- Provide a broad range of advanced extension, FICON, and SAN fabric services
- Scale bandwidth to meet the demands of larger data centers and multiple sites
- Deliver aggregate bandwidth of up to 96 Gbps (Fibre Channel) and up to 20 Gbps (FCIP)
Easier recovery and protection
- Accelerate FastWrite and IBM z/OS Global Mirror to maximize replication performance
- Reduce backup and recovery times over distance with Tape Pipelining
- Provide FCIP tunnel redundancy for lossless path failover and guaranteed in-order delivery
- Ensure six-nines availability with hot-pluggable hardware and non-disruptive software upgrades
Simplified management, robust network analytics
- Provide complete visibility into fabric flows with Flow Monitor
- Simplify threshold configuration and monitoring with the Monitoring and Alerting Policy Suite (MAPS)
- Alert administrators to SAN fabric congestion and latency with Fabric Performance Impact (FPI) Monitoring
- Customize SAN health and performance views with Brocade Network Advisor
Brocade® Network Advisor simplifies storage network management and helps organizations proactively diagnose and troubleshoot issues to maximize uptime increase operational efficiency and reduce costs.
|Fibre Channel Ports||12 ports; E, F, M, EX, and FL ports|
|Ethernet Ports||12 ports (VE, VEX): 10 1 GbE ports and two optional 10 GbE ports|
|Port Types||FL_Port, F_Port, E_Port, EX_Port, and M_Port (Mirror Port). For FCIP, VE_Port (Virtual E_Port), VEX_Port (Virtual EX_Port).|
|Class_of_Service||Class 2, Class 3, Class F (inter-switch frames)|
|Fibre Channel Performance||1.063 Gbps line speed, full duplex; 2.125 Gbps line speed, full duplex; 4.25 Gbps line speed, full duplex; 8.5 Gbps line speed, full duplex. Auto-sensing of 1 Gbps, 2 Gbps, 4 Gbps, and 8 Gbps port speeds; optionally programmable to fixed port speed. Speed matching between 1 Gbps, 2 Gbps, 4 Gbps, and 8 Gbps ports|
|Size (mm)||36(W) x 421 (H) x 299(D)|
|Certified Maximum||Single fabric: 56 domains, 7 hopsMultiprotocol routing fabric: 19 hops|
|Scalability||Full fabric architecture with 239 switches maximum|