Brocade SX6 Extension Blade
Multi-protocol extension solution delivers business resiliency at scale
Brocade SX6 Extension Blade solution for the Brocade X6 Directors securely moves more data faster over distance while scaling to support the world’s most demanding environments. It combines director-class reliability with Fabric Vision technology to simplify management, automatically detect WAN anomalies, and avoid unplanned downtime.
Performance over distance: Performance over distance is fundamental to keeping up with recovery demands. That’s why Brocade SX6 Extension Blade operates at full line-rate speed even with encryption turned on. You get fast data replication to meet recovery objectives, and excellent WAN utilization.
Enterprise-class availability: Meeting recovery point and recovery time objectives (RPO and RTO) requires a highly reliable network infrastructure . Brocade SX6 Extension Blade offers near-zero downtime, thanks to proactive monitoring, dynamic bandwidth sharing, and lossless failover between data centers.
Unmatched flexibility: Business needs change quickly, and data centers have to keep pace. Brocade SX6 Extension Blade scales on demand with industry-leading port density, and runs Fibre Channel and IP traffic to accommodate growth, change, and rising service level agreement (SLA) requirements.
Simplified operations: Gain visibility across your data centers with simplified operations that reduce costs and improve IT productivity. Brocade SX6 Extension Blade centralizes Fibre Channel and IP storage replication traffic with a single tool, and extends Fabric Vision over distance for greater control and insight.
- Up to 80 Gbps per blade provides industry-leading performance
- Maximize utilization of WAN links through protocol optimization technology and expand WAN bandwidth with hardware-based compression
- Secure data flows over distance with no performance penalty
- Hot-pluggable chassis components and non-disruptive software upgrades enhance availability
- Lossless failover technology protects against WAN link failure and avoids restart/resync events
- Dynamic bandwidth sharing maintains replication performance during disruptions
- Proactive monitoring helps avoid unplanned downtime by detecting WAN anomalies
Flexibility and scale
- Multiprotocol port connectivity consolidates Fibre Channel and IP replication traffic
- Up to four blades per chassis provides scale-as-you-grow flexibility
- Port density provides scale on demand connectivity for more Fibre Channel and IP storage devices
Holistic management over distance
- Extends Fabric Vision over distance for greater control and insight
- Advanced monitoring and alerting simplifies troubleshooting of end-to-end I/O flows over distance
- Built-in traffic generator and WAN test tool streamline deployment
Scale to 512 ports with industry-leading port density and consolidate infrastructure with 128 Gbps Brocade UltraScale ICL connectivity for simpler, flatter, low-latency fabrics.
Provides powerful integrated monitoring management and diagnostic tools to simplify administration increase operational stability and reduce costs.
|Fibre Channel Ports||16 32 Gbps ports; E, F, EX, D, and AE ports|
|Ethernet Ports||16 1/10 GbE ports and two 40 GbE ports|
|Port Types||F_Port, E_Port, EX_Port, D_Port, and AE_Port. For FCIP, VE_Port (Virtual E_Port).|
|Class_of_Service||Class 2, Class 3, Class F (inter-switch frames)|
|Fibre Channel Performance||4.25 Gbps line speed, full duplex; 8.5 Gbps line speed, full duplex; 10.53 Gbps line speed, full duplex; 14.025 Gbps line speed, full duplex; 28.05 Gbps, full duplex; auto-sensing of 4,8,16, 32 Gbps port speeds; 10 Gbps optionally programmable to fixed port speed|
|Size (mm)||420.6(W) x 36.3(H) x 289.8(D)|
|Certified Maximum||Single fabric: 56 domains, 7 hops Multiprotocol routing fabric: 19 hops|
|Scalability||Full fabric architecture with 239 switches maximum|
Unleash performance and deliver operational stability for the virtualized, all-flash data center
Accelerate replication and achieve near-zero downtime between data centers