Brocade 6505 Switch
Consolidate resources, reduce costs and increase your organizational agility
Business moves fast. But you can move faster. The feature-packed Brocade 6505 Switch with Gen 5 Fibre Channel delivers exceptional price and performance value. It comes standard with all the features needed for running a reliable and high performing storage area network.
Grow a data center your way: Choosing the right SAN switch for your private cloud storage infrastructure is critical to the success of your business operations. The Brocade 6505 Switch combines maximum flexibility and reliability in an efficiently designed 1U form factor that supports and grows with your business needs.
Build your SAN fast: The Brocade 6505 Switch is the industry’s easiest SAN switch to install and support. With smart setup, diagnostic, and management tools your operations staff can focus on strategic activities rather than routine tasks. And, of course, you also benefit from lower TCO.
Maximize up-time with ultra-dependable availability: Enjoy high availability and fast throughput with the Brocade 6505. This powerful SAN switch allows you to quickly build a cloud storage infrastructure, accelerate network virtualization—and eliminate the need to trade features against price.
Support business growth with enterprise-class performance
- “Pay as you grow” from 12 to 24 ports with Ports on Demand
- Maximize resiliency with an optional redundant power supply
- Deliver 40 percent higher performance than comparably priced 10 GbE alternatives
Simplify operations with smart tools
- Install in three easy steps with Brocade EZSwitchSetup
- Streamline deployment and troubleshooting with Brocade Fabric Vision technology
- Centralize monitoring and management while reducing costs with Brocade Network Advisor
Maximize availability and performance
- Leverage Brocade Fibre Channel technology—proven in Fortune 1000 data centers
- Reduce downtime and increase availability with hot-pluggable components and non-disruptive upgrades
- Meet the high-throughput demands of SSDs with 16 Gbps performance
Provides powerful, integrated monitoring, management, and diagnostic tools to simplify administration, increase operational stability, and reduce costs.
Brocade Gen 6 Fibre Channel is the purpose-built network infrastructure for mission-critical storage, delivering
breakthrough performance, increased business agility, and operational stability.
|Total Line Rate Ports||12 to 24 @ 16 Gb/s|
|Power Text||0.14 watts / Gb/s, single hot-swappable power supply, optional second power supply|
|Frame Based ISL Trunking||128 Gb/s frame-based trunk (optional)|
|FICON Support||Not available|
|Size (mm)||437.64(W) x 43.18(H) x 443.23(D)|
|Certified Maximum||6,000 active nodes; 56 switches, 19 hops in Brocade Fabric OS® fabrics; larger fabrics certified as required|
|Fibre Channel Performance||2.125 Gb/s line speed, full duplex; 4.25 Gb/s line speed, full duplex; 8.5 Gb/s line speed, full duplex; 14.025 Gb/s line speed, full duplex; auto-sensing of 2, 4, 8, and 16 Gb/s port speeds|