Brocade 6520 Switch
Build an agile network with a powerful, scalable enterprise SAN switch
Tackle the dynamic and often unpredictable workloads that come with large and growing environments with the Brocade 6520 Switch’s high throughput and optimum bandwidth utilization. The Brocade 6520 Switch is a high-density building block for increased scalability to support growth, demanding workloads, and data center consolidation.
Build a network that moves as fast as your business:
Enterprise data centers must keep pace with increasingly virtualized workloads and cloud infrastructure. The Brocade 6520 Switch supports rapid growth, data center consolidation, and delivers up to 16 Gbps performance in a 2U form factor.
Get the performance you need and the reliability you trust:
Virtualization and the cloud can create an unpredictable environment. Tip the odds in your favor with throughput and bandwidth utilization that eliminates bottlenecks. The Brocade 6520 Switch offers 40 percent higher performance than 10 GbE alternatives. Simplified management through Brocade Fabric Vision helps ensure non-stop operations.
Optimize storage performance and diagnostic capabilities:
As your data center expands and becomes more complicated, you need powerful SAN switching capabilities and network analytics more than ever. The Brocade 6520 Switch combines Gen 5 Fibre Channel performance with automated monitoring and diagnostics tools to simplify SAN management.
Expand easily with options
- “Pay as you grow” from 48 to 96 ports with Ports on Demand
- Create ultra-dense port configurations and reduce costs through consolidation with legacy SANs
- Meet growth needs with 16 Gbps bandwidth and Gen 5 Fibre Channel technology
Meet reliability and availability needs
- Maintain consistent access to critical data with enterprise-class RAS functionality
- Avoid problems before they impact operations with Brocade Fabric Vision technology
- Streamline deployment and troubleshooting with inline port diagnostics and Brocade Flow Vision
Benefit from enterprise-proven design
- Support growth and consolidation initiatives with 96 non-blocking 16 Gbps ports
- Minimize unauthorized data access and optimize transmission bandwidth with up to 8 in-flight encryption and compression ports
- Optimize performance and inter-fabric load balancing through ISLs with dynamic path selection
|Total Line Rate Ports||96 @ 16 Gb/s|
|Power Text||0.30 watts / Gb/s, dual hot-swappable power supplies|
|Frame Based ISL Trunking||128 Gb/s frame-based trunk (optional)|
|Access Gateway||Not available|
|FICON Support||Not available|
|Size (mm)||429.25 (W) x 86.74(H) x 609.75(D)|
|Certified Maximum||6,000 active nodes; 56 switches, 19 hops in Brocade Fabric OS® fabrics; larger fabrics certified as required|
|Fibre Channel Performance||2.125 Gb/s line speed, full duplex; 4.25 Gb/s line speed, full duplex; 8.5 Gb/s line speed, full duplex; 10.53 Gb/s line speed, full duplex; 14.025 Gb/s line speed, full duplex; auto-sensing of 2, 4, 8, and 16 Gb/s port speeds; 10 Gb/s optionally programmable to fixed port speed|