Four Character 5.0 mm (0.2 inch) Smart 5 x 7 Alphanumeric Displays
This is a 5.0 mm (0.2 inch) four character 5 x 7 dot matrix display driven by an on-board CMOS IC. The display is pin for pin compatible with the HPDL-2416. The IC stores and decodes 7 bit ASCII data and displays it using a 5 x 7 font. Multiplexing circuitry, and drivers are also part of the IC. The IC has fast setup and hold times which makes it easy to interface to a microprocessor. The address and data inputs can be directly connected to the microprocessor address and data buses.
The HDLS-2416 has several enhancements over the HPDL -2416. These features include an expanded character set, internal 8 level dimming control, external dimming capability, and individual digit blanking. Finally, the extended functions can be disabled which allows the HDLS-2416 to operate exactly like an HPDL-2416 by disabling all of the enhancements except the expanded character set.
The difference between the sunlight viewable HDLS-2416 and the low power HDLU-2416 occurs at power-on or at the default brightness level. Following power up, the HDLS-2416 operates at the 100% brightness level. Power on sets the internal brightness control (bits 3-5) in the control register to binary code (000). The HDLS-2416 binary code (000) corresponds to a 100% brightness level.
- Enhanced Drop-in Replacement to HPDL-2416
- Smart Alphanumeric Display Built-in RAM, ASCII Decoder, and LED Drive Circuitry
- CMOS IC for Low Power Consumption
- Software Controlled Dimming Levels and Blank
- 128 ASCII Character Set
- Categorized for Luminous Intensity; Yellow and Green Categorized for Color
- Low Power and Sunlight Viewable AlGaAs Versions
- Wide Operating Temperature Range 40 degrees C to 85 degrees C
- Excellent ESD Protection
- Wave Solderable
- Wide Viewing Angle (50degrees typ)
|Character Height In Mm||5.08|
|Dimension Lxwxh In Mm||25.15 x 20.07 x 6.60|
|Dot Pitch In Mm||0.8|
|Minimum Luminous Intensity (mcd)||4.0|
|Number of Character/Digits||4.0|
|Number Of Colors||Single|
|Test Current (mA)||125.0|
|Typical Dominant Wavelength (nm)||637|
|Typical Luminous Intensity (mcd)||12.7|