High Temp Multiturn Absolute Encoder Module, 12-bit
Broadcom's AEAT-84AD enhances the functionality of the AEAS-7000 singleturn module by providing multiturn capabilities and eliminates the need for alignment (via its Plug&Play feature). Notably, its ability to operate up to 125C enables applications in harsher operating environment.
Broadcom's AEAT-84AD is an add-on module that adds motor shaft revolution count capability to AEAS-7000, the industry's smallest high-speed, plug-and-play absolute encoder.
The combination of AEAS-7000 absolute encoder and AEAT-84AD shaft revolution count module uses a modular approach that reduces the number of assembly steps to 4, versus other approaches that require as many as 8 steps. The encoder combination also dramatically reduces the number of components needed from approximately 120 to as few as 4, decreasing inventory, manufacturing, and purchasing costs. As a result, customers' supply chain is being simplified! In addition, it reduces manufacturer design cycles by eliminating the need for multiple alignment adjustments with its industry-first plug-and-play feature.
Absolute encoders are used in machines that need information about the position of components before any motion occurs. The AEAS-7000/AEAT-84AD is capable of position resolutions ranging from 12 bits to 16 bits, combined with 12- or 14-bit revolution count resolution.
- 4096 (12bits) revolution count versions
- Optical, absolute multi-turn assembly with max. Diameter 55 mm and typical height 12.2 mm.
- Operating temperatures of -40C to 125C
- Mechanical coupling by means of 14 teeth gear pinion with module of 0.3
- Operating speeds up to 12,000 rpm
- A 2x4-pole pin strip for power supply and signal
- Ease of synchronising with AEAS-7000 using the Agilent MUIC Integrator chip
- Machine tools
- Semiconductor Machineries
- Automotive (Body plant robot cells for assembly & welding)