Small Optical Encoder Modules
The HEDS-9700 series is a high performance, low cost, optical incremental encoder module. When operated in conjunction with either a codewheel or codestrip, this module detects rotary or linear position. The module consists of a lensed LED source and a detector IC enclosed in a small C-shaped plastic pack-age. Due to a highly collimated light source and a unique photo-detector array, the module is extremely tolerant to mounting misalignment.
The two channel digital outputs and 5V supply input are accessed through four solder-plated leads located on 2.54 mm (0.1 inch) centers.
The standard HEDS-9700 is designed for use with an 11 mm optical radius codewheel, or linear codestrip. Other options are available. Please contact factory for more information.
- Small Size
- Low Cost
- Multiple Mounting Options
- Wide Resolution Range
- Linear and Rotary Options Available
- No Signal Adjustment Required
- Insensitive to Radial and Axial Play
- -40 degrees C to 85 degrees C Operating Temperature
- High Resolution Version of the HEDS-970X
- Two Channel Quadrature Output
- TTL Compatible
- Single 5V Supply
- Wave Solderable
|Optical Radius (mm)||23.36|
|Resolution (Unit of Measure)||CPR|