10- to 16-Bit Programmable Angular Magnetic Encoder
The Broadcom AEAT-8800-Q24 is an angular magnetic rotary sensor that provides accurate angular measurement over a full 360 degrees of rotation. It is a sophisticated system that uses integrated Hall sensor elements with complex analog and digital signal processing within a single device. A simple two-pole magnet generates the necessary magnetic field by rotating it in perpendicular, placed in alignment to the center of the device.
The Broadcom AEAT-8800-Q24 is a versatile solution capable of supporting a broad range of applications with its robust architecture to measure and deliver both absolute and incremental signals. The absolute angle measurement provides an instant indication of the magnet's angular position with a selectable and one-time programmable resolution of 10, 12, 14 or 16 bits. When selected, its positioning data is then represented in its digital form to be assessed through a standard SSI 3 wire communication protocol. Where desired, users may also choose to receive its absolute angle position in PWM-encoded output signals.
The incremental positions are indicated on ABI and UVW signals with user configurable CPR 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, and 4096 of ABI signals and pole pairs from 1 to 8 (2 to 16 poles) for UVW commutation signals. An internal voltage regulator allows the AEAT-8800-Q24 to operate at either 3.3V or 5V supplies.
- 5V or 3.3V operation
- Three-wire SSI interface for absolute output
- Selectable 10, 12, 14 or 16 bits of absolute resolution
- Incremental ABI and UVW pins out
- PWM output modes
- User-programmable zero position, direction and index pulse width
- Selectable zero latency mode option to reduce latency to near 0
- Programmable hysteresis
- Easy alignment and calibration mode
- Compact QFN-24 leads (5 mm × 5 mm) package
- RoHS compliant
- Three-phase commutation for a brushless DC motor
- Resolver and potentiometer replacement
- Industrial automation and robotics
- Industrial sewing machine and textiles equipment
|Package||QFN 5x5x0.85 mm|