Miniature Surface-Mount Ambient Light Photo Sensor
The APDS-9002 is a low-cost analog-output ambient light sensor in lowest cost miniature chipLED lead-free surface mount package.
It consists of a spectrally suited phototransistor, which peaks in human luminosity curve. Hence, it provides an excellent responsivity that is close to the response of human eyes.
The APDS-9002 is ideal for applications in which the measurement of ambient light is used to control display back-lighting. Mobile appliances such as mobile phones and PDAs that draw heavy current from display backlighting will benefit from incorporating these photo sensor products in their designs by reducing power consumption significantly.
- Excellent Responsivity which peaks in the Human Luminosity Curve
- Close responsivity to the human eye
- Miniature chipLED lead-free Surface-Mount Package (0.80 x 2.00 x 1.25 mm)
- Good output linearity across wide illumination range
- Low sensitivity variation across various light sources
- Guaranteed temperature performance (-40 to 85 degrees celsius)
- Vcc supply 2.4 to 5.5V
- Lead-free package
- Detection of ambient light to control display backlighting
- Automatic residential and commercial lighting management
- Electronic signs and signals
- Daylight and artificial light exposed devices
|Size (mm)||2.0 (L) x 1.25 (W) x 0.8 (H)|
|Package||4 pin – ChipLED|
|Supply Voltage (V)||2.4 - 5.5|
|Typical Output Current @ 100 Lux (uA)||250|
|Peak Sensitive Wavelength (nm)||620|