Medium range 3D multipixel ToF sensor with integrated 850nm VCSEL
The AFBR-S50 is Broadcom's multipixel distance and motion measurement sensor based on the optical time-of-flight principle. It supports up to 3000 frames per second with up to 16 illuminated pixels.
This sensor has been developed with a special focus on industrial sensing applications and gesture sensing with the need for high speed, small size and very low power consumption. Through its best-in-class ambient light suppression of up to 200k Lux, its use in outside environments is no problem.
The technology has been optimized to measure distances up to 10m (black target) with an accuracy of < 1 percent on a wide variety of surfaces. It works equally well on white, black, colored and metallic reflective surfaces.
The module has an integrated 850nm laser light source and uses a single voltage supply of 5V; the data is transferred via a digital SPI interface.
- Integrated 850nm laser light source
- Between 9-16 illuminated pixels
- FOV 6.2°x 6.2° (1.55 x 155°/pixel)
- Very fast measurement rates of up to 3 kHz
- Variable distance range up to 10m
- Operation up to 200k Lux ambient light
- Works well on all surface conditions
- SPI digital interface (up to 20 MHz)
- Single voltage supply 5V
- Integrated clock source
- Laser Class 1
- Accuracy < 1 percent
- Drop-in compatible within the AFBR-S50 sensor platform
- Industrial sensors
- Gesture sensing
- Distance measurement
- Automation and control
|Supply Voltage (V)||4.5 - 5.5|