Automotive R²Coupler™ Photovoltaic MOSFET Driver
The Broadcom ACPL-K30T is a photovoltaic MOSFET driver device specifically designed to drive high voltage MOSFETs. The device consists of an AlGaAs infrared light-emitting diode (LED) input stage optically coupled to an output detector circuit. The detector consists of a photovoltaic diode array and a turn-off circuit. The photovoltaic driver is turned on upon a minimum input current of 10 mA through the input LED. The photovoltaic driver is turned off upon an input voltage of 0.8 V or less.
The ACPL-K30T is available in a stretched SO-8 package compatible with standard surface mount processes.
Broadcom R2Coupler isolation products provide reinforced insulation and reliability needed for critical automotive and high temperature industrial applications.
- Qualified to AEC-Q100 Grade 1 Test Guidelines
- Operating Temperature Range: -40°C to +125°C
- High Open Circuit Voltage: 7V typical at IF = 10mA
- Short Circuit Current: 5µA typical at IF = 10mA
- Fast Switching Speed: 0.8ms TON, 0.04ms TOFF typical at IF = 10mA, CL = 1nF
- Wide Operating VCC Range: 10 to 20V
- Photovoltaic Driver for Logic Level MOSFETs
- Compact SSO-8 Package with 8mm Clearance and Creepage
- Regulatory Approvals:
– UL1577, CSA (5000VRMS for 1min)
– IEC/EN/DIN EN 60747-5-5 (VIORM = 1140VPEAK)
- Available Options:
- 500 = Tape and Reel Packaging Option
- XXXE = Lead Free Option
- Battery Insulation Resistance Measurement / Leakage Detection
- Battery Management System
- Solid State Relay Module
|Product Type||Automotive Optocoupler|
|IF Min. (mA)||10.0|
|RoHS6 Compliant||Pb-free options only|
|Operating Temperature Range||-40°C to +125°C|
|UL Insulation Rating Viso (VRMS)||5000.0|
|IEC Maximum Working Insulation Voltage Viorm (VPEAK)||1140.0|
|Prop Delay (tPHL) Max. (µs)||0.12 ms|
|Prop Delay (tPLH) Max. (µs)||2 ms|
If you are looking for older or archived product downloads, please use the documents and downloads search tool.