Automotive R²Coupler™ Basic Gate Drive Optocoupler
The Broadcom ACPL-K33T is an automotive grade 2.5A gate drive optocoupler device. The device contains an AlGaAs LED, which is optically coupled to an integrated circuit with a power output stage. The ACPL-K33T features fast propagation delay and tight timing skew, and is designed for driving IGBTs and SiC power MOSFETs used in AC-DC and DC-DC converters. The wide operating Vcc range and high peak output current make the device ideally suited for direct driving IGBTs and SIC MOSFETs at high frequency with high power efficiency.
Broadcom R²Coupler™ isolation products provide the reinforced insulation and reliability needed for critical automotive and high temperature industrial applications.
- Qualified to AEC-Q100 Grade 1 Test Guidelines
- Operating Temperature Range: -40°C to +125°C
- Peak Output Current: 2.5A min.
- Propagation Delay: 120ns max.
- Dead Time Distortion Range: -40ns to +50ns
- Wide Operating VCC Range: 15 to 30V
- Low Supply Current Allowing Bootstrap Half-bridge Topology: ICC = 4.2mA max.
- LED Current Input Drive with Hysteresis
- High Common Mode Rejection (CMR): >50 kV/μs at VCM = 1500 V
- Compact SSO-8 Package with 8mm Clearance and Creepage
- Regulatory Approvals:
– UL1577, CSA (5000VRMS for 1min)
– IEC/EN/DIN EN 60747-5-5 (VIORM = 1140VPEAK)
- Available Options:
- 500 = Tape and Reel Packaging Option
- XXXE = Lead Free Option
- Automotive Isolated IGBT or SiC MOSFET Gate Drive
- Automotive Powertrain DC-DC Converter
- EV / PHEV Charger
- AC and Brushless DC Motor Drives
|Product Type||Automotive Optocoupler|
|CMR (min.) (V/µs)||50000.0|
|IF Min. (mA)||7.0|
|RoHS6 Compliant||Pb-free options only|
|Operating Temperature Range||-40°C to +125°C|
|UL Insulation Rating Viso (VRMS)||5000.0|
|IEC Maximum Working Insulation Voltage Viorm (VPEAK)||1140.0|
|Prop Delay (tPHL) Max. (µs)||120 ns|
|Prop Delay (tPLH) Max. (µs)||120 ns|