Hermetically Sealed 3.3V, Low IF, Wide Vcc, High Gain Optocouplers
The DSCC Standard Microcircuit Drawing 5962-0822701HPC is a high reliability Class H single channel hermetically sealed 3.3V optocoupler in an 8-Pin DIP ceramic package with gold plated leads. Solder dipped leads and various lead form options are also available. See the datasheet for details.
The product is capable of operation and storage over the full military temperature range and may also be purchased as either commercial grade, with full MIL-PRF-38534 Class K level testing, or as Broadcom part number ACPL-5701L. The device is manufactured and tested on a MIL-PRF-38534 certified line and included in the DSCC Qualified Products Database Supplemental Information Sheets QPDSIS-38534 as Hybrid Microcircuits.
This device contains a GaAsP light emitting diode which is optically coupled to an integrated high gain photon detector. The high gain output stage features an open collector output providing both lower saturation voltage and higher signaling speed than possible with conventional photo-Darlington optocouplers.
The supply voltage can be operated as low as 3.0 V without adversely affecting the parametric performance. These devices have a 300% minimum CTR at an input current of only 0.5 mA making them ideal for use in low input current applications such as MOS, CMOS, low power logic interfaces or line receivers.
Package styles for this die set in one, two or four channels are 8 and 16-Pin DIP through hole. All devices may be purchased with a variety of lead forms and plating options. See the datasheet for details.
Because the same electrical die (emitters and detectors) are used for each channel of each device listed in the datasheet, absolute maximum ratings, recommended operating conditions, electrical specifications, and performance characteristics shown in the datasheet figures are virtually identical for all parts. Occasional exceptions exist due to package variations and limitations and are as noted. Additionally, the same package assembly processes and materials are used in all devices. These similarities give justification for the use of data obtained from one part to represent other parts performance for reliability.
- Low power consumption
- 3.3V Supply voltages
- High Reliability, Single Channel, 8-Pin DIP
- Performance Guaranteed from -55 degrees to 125 degrees C
- MIL-PRF-38534 Class H, QPDSIS-38534
- Dual Marked with Device Part Number and DSCC Standard Microcircuit Drawing
- MIL-PRF-38534 Class K Available
- Three Hermetically Sealed Package Configurations Available
- Two and Four Channel Devices Available (may be different package)
- Low Input Current Requirement: 0.5 mA
- High Current Transfer Ratio: 1500% Typical @ IF = 0.5 mA
- Low Output Saturation Voltage: 0.11 V Typical
- 1500 Vdc Withstand Test Voltage
- Military and Aerospace
- High Reliability Systems
- Transportation, Medical, and Life Critical Systems
- Telephone Ring Detection
- Microprocessor System Interface
- EIA RS-232-C Line Receiver
- Voltage Level Shifting
- Isolated Input Line Receiver
- Isolated Output Line Driver
- Logic Ground Isolation
- Current Loop Receiver
- System Test Equipment Isolation
- Process Control Input/Output Isolation
- Harsh Industrial Environments
|CMR (min.) (V/µs)||1000.0|
|CTR Min. (%)||300.0|
|IF Min. (mA)||0.5|
|Input Current Ma Uom||mA|
|Product Type||Hermetic High Gain|
|Prop Delay (tPHL) Max. (µs)||100.0|
|Prop Delay tPHL Uom||µs|
|Prop Delay (tPLH) Max. (µs)||60.0|
|Prop Delay tPLH Uom||µs|
|Reliability Class||MIL-PRF-38534 Class H|
|Data Rate||100 Kb/s|
|Prop Delay (tPHL) Max. (µs)||100.0 µs|
|Prop Delay (tPLH) Max. (µs)||60.0 µs|
|IF Min. (mA)||0.5 mA|