Hermetically Sealed 3.3V, Low IF, Wide Vcc, High Gain Optocouplers
The ACPL-177KL is a very high reliability Class K four channel hermetically sealed 3.3V optocoupler in a 16-Pin ceramic DIP package. Gold plated leads, solder dipped leads and various lead form options are also available. See the datasheet for details.
The product is capable of operation and storage over the full military temp range and may also be purchased in a commercial grade, with full MIL-PRF-38534 Class H level testing, or from DLA SMD 5962-08227. The ACPL-177KL is manufactured and tested on a MIL-PRF-38534 certified line and Class H and K versions are included in the DLA Qualified Products Database Supplemental Sheets QPDSIS-38534 as Hybrid Microcircuits.
Each channel contains a GaAsP light emitting diode which is optically coupled to an integrated high gain photon detector. The high gain output stage features an open collector output providing both lower saturation voltage and higher signaling speed than possible with conventional photo-Darlington optocouplers.
The supply voltage can be operated as low as 3.0 V without adversely affecting the parametric performance. These devices have a 300% minimum CTR at an input current of only 0.5 mA making them ideal for use in low input current applications such as MOS, CMOS, low power logic interfaces or line receivers.
Package styles available for this die set with one, two or for channels are 8 and 16-Pin DIP through hole. All devices may be purchased with a variety of lead forms and plating options. See datasheet for details.
Because the same electrical die (emitters and detectors) are used for each channel of each device listed in the datasheet, absolute maximum ratings, recommended operating conditions, electrical specifications, and performance characteristics shown in the datasheet figures are virtually identical for all parts. Occasional exceptions exist due to package variations and limitations and are as noted. Additionally, the same package assembly processes and materials are used in all devices. These similarities give justification for the use of data obtained from one part to represent other parts performance for reliability.
- Highest reliability class K, four channel, 16-Pin DIP
- Performance guaranteed from -55ºC to 125ºC
- MIL-PRF-38534 Class H available
- Three hermetically sealed package configurations
- One and two channel devices (different package)
- Low power consumption
- 3.3V supply voltages
- Low input current requirement: 0.5 mA
- High current transfer ratio: 1500% typical @ IF = 0.5 mA
- Low output saturation voltage: 0.11 V typical
- 1500 Vdc withstand test voltage
- Military and aerospace
- High reliability systems
- Telephone ring detection
- Microprocessor system interface
- Transportation, medical, and life critical systems
- Isolated input line receiver
- EIA RS-232-C line receiver
- Voltage level shifting
- Isolated input line receiver
- Isolated output line driver
- Logic ground isolation
- Harsh industrial environments
- Current loop receiver
- System test equipment isolation
- Process control input/output isolation
|CTR Min. (%)||300.0|
|CMR (min.) (V/µs)||1000.0|
|Package||Hermetic 16 Pin DIP|
|Product Type||Hermetic High Gain|
|Reliability Class||MIL-PRF-38534 Class K|
|Prop Delay (tPHL) Max. (µs)||100 µs|
|Prop Delay (tPLH) Max. (µs)||60 µs|
|IF Min. (mA)||0.5 mA|