Hermetically Sealed Analog Isolation Amplifier
The HCPL-7850 is commercial grade isolation amplifier that provides accurate, electrically isolated and amplified representations of voltage and current. When used with a shunt resistor to monitor the motor phase current in a high speed motor drive, the device will offer superior reliability compared with the traditional solutions such as current transformers and Hall-effect sensors. This device consists of a sigma-delta analog-to-digital converter optically coupled to a digital-to-analog converter in a hermetically sealed 8-Pin ceramic DIP package. Gold plated leads, solder dipped leads and various lead form options are also available. See the datasheet for details.
The products are capable of operation and storage over the full military temperature range and may also be purchased with full MIL-PRF-38534 Class H level testing or from the DLA SMD 5962-97557. The HCPL-7850 is manufactured and tested on a MIL-PRF-38534 certified line and the Class H version is included in the DLA Qualified Manufacturers List, QML-38534 for Hybrid Microcircuits.
Superior performance in design critical specifications such as common-mode rejection, offset voltage, nonlinearity, and operating temperature make this product an excellent choice for designing reliable products such as motor controllers and inverters.
Common-mode rejection of 8 kV/micro-second makes the HCPL-7850/7851 suitable for noisy electrical environments such as those generated by the high switching rates of power IGBTs.
Low offset voltage together with a low offset voltage temperature coefficient permits accurate use of auto-calibration techniques.
Gain tolerance of 5% with 0.1% nonlinearity further provide the performance necessary for accurate feedback and control.
- Commercial Grade, 8-Pin DIP
- Performance Guaranteed over -55 degC to 125 degC
- MIL-PRF-38534 Class H Available
- DLA Standard Microcircuit Drawing Available
- High Common Mode Rejection (CMR): 8 kV/µs at VCM = 1000 V
- 5% Gain Tolerance
- 0.1% Nonlinearity
- Low Offset Voltage and Offset Temperature Coefficient
- 100 kHz Bandwidth
- 1500 Vdc Withstand Test Voltage
- Military and Industrial
- High Reliability Systems
- Transportation, Medical, and Life Critical Systems
- General Purpose Analog Signal Isolation
- Motor Phase and Rail Current Sensing
- Inverter Current Sensing
- Switched Mode Power Supply Signal Isolation
- General Purpose Current Sensing and Monitoring
- Harsh Industrial Environments
|CMR (min.) (V/µs)||8000.0|
|Package||Hermetic 8 Pin DIP|
|Product Type||Hermetic Analog Isolation Amplifier|