90 V/1.0 Ohm, Hermetically Sealed, Power MOSFET Optocoupler
The HSSR-7112 is a high reliability Class H single-channel hermetically sealed power MOSFET optocoupler in an 8-Pin DIP ceramic package with gold plated leads. Solder dipped leads and various lead form options are also available. See data sheet for details.
The device operates exactly like a solid-state relay. The product is capable of operation and storage over the full military temperature range and may also be purchased as a commercial grade (HSSR-7110) or as a Class H from the DLA Standard Microcircuit Drawing (SMD) 5962-93140.
The HSSR-7112 is manufactured and tested on a MIL-PRF-38534 certified line and is included in the DLA Qualified Manufacturers List, QML-38534 for Hybrid Microcircuits. Each device contains an AlGaAs light emitting diode optically coupled to a photovoltaic diode stack which drives two discrete power MOSFETs. The device operates as a solid-state replacement for single-pole, normally open, (1 Form A) relays used for general purpose switching of signals and loads in high reliability applications.
The devices feature logic level input control and very low output on-resistance, making them suitable for both AC and DC loads. Connection A, as shown in the datasheet Functional Diagram, allows for the device to switch either AC or DC loads. Connection B, with the polarity and pin configurations as shown in the datasheet, allows the device to switch DC loads only. The advantage of Connection B is that the on-resistance is significantly reduced, and the output current capability increases by a factor of two.
The HSSR-7112 is a convenient replacement for mechanical and solid-state relays where high component reliability with standard footprint lead configuration is desirable. This product is designed to switch loads on 28 Vdc power systems. They meet 80 V surge and /- 600 V spike requirements.
- High Reliability, 8-Pin DIP
- Performance Guaranteed from -55 to +125 degrees C
- MIL-PRF-38534 Class H, QML-38534
- Dual Marked with Device Part Number and DLA Standard Microcircuit Drawing
- Reliability Data
- Small Size and Weight
- Space Level Processing Available
- AC/DC Signal and Power Switching
- Compact Solid-State Bi-directional Switch
- Connection A 0.8 A, 1.0 Ohm
- Connection B 1.6 A, 0.25 Ohm
- 1500 Vdc Withstand Test Voltage
- High Transient Immunity
- 5 Amp Output Surge Current
- Military and Aerospace
- High Reliability Systems
- Standard 28 Vdc and 48 Vdc Load Driver
- Standard 24 Vac Load Driver
- Aircraft Controls
- AC/DC Electromechanical and Solid State Relay Replacement
- I/O Modules
- Harsh Industrial Environments
|IF Min. (mA)||5.0|
|Package||Hermetic 8 Pin DIP|
|Product Type||Hermetic Power MOSFET|
|Reliability Class||MIL-PRF-38534 Class H|
|Turn Off Time (msec)||6.0|
|Turn On Time (msec)||0.25|
|Output Withstand Voltage (V)||90|