Low Input Current, High Gain Optocouplers
This high gain optocoupler series uses a Light Emitting Diode and an integrated high gain photodetector to provide extremely high current transfer ratio between input and output. Separate pins for the photodiode and output stage result in TTL compatible saturation voltages and high speed operation. Where desired VCC and VO terminals may be tied together to achieve convention photodarlington operation.A base access terminal allows a gain bandwidth adjustment to be made.
The HCPL-0700 is designed for use mainly in TTL applications. Current transfer ratio (CTR) is 300% minimum over 0 to 70 degrees C for an LED current of 1.6 mA (1 TTL Unit load). A 300% minimum CTR enables operation with 1 TTL Load using a 2.2 k ohm pull-up resistor.
Selection for lower input current down to 250 mA is available upon request.
The HCPL-0700 is a surface mount device packaged in an industry standard SOIC-8 footprint. The SOIC-8 does not require "through holes" in a PCB. This package occupies approximately one-third the footprint area of the standard dual-in-line package. The lead profile is designed to be compatible with standard surface mount processes.
- High Current Transfer Ratio - 2000% Typical
- Low Input Current Requirements - 0.5 mA
- TTL Compatible Output - 0.1 V VOL Typical
- Performance Guaranteed over Temperature 0 degrees C to 70 degrees C
- Base Access Allows Gain Bandwidth Adjustment
- High Output Current - 60 mA
- Safety Approval:
- Available in 8-Pin DIP or SOIC-8 Footprint or Widebody Package
- Options available are:
500 = Tape and Reel Packaging Option
XXXE = Lead Free Option
- Ground Isolate Most Logic Families - TTL/TTL, COMS/TTL, CMOS/CMOS, LSTTL/TTL, CMOS/LSTTL
- Low Input Current Line Receiver
- EIA RS-232C Line Receiver
- Telephone Ring Detector
- 117 V ac Line Voltage Status Indicator - Low Input Power Dissipation
- Low Power Systems - Ground Isolation
RoHSPb & Pb-free options available
|RoHS6 Compliant||Pb & Pb-free options available|
|Product Type||100 KBd Darlington Transistor Output|
|IF Min. (mA)||0.5|
|CTR Min. (%)||300.0|
|CTR Max. (%)||2600|
|Prop Delay (tPLH) Max. (µs)||50.0|
|Prop Delay (tPHL) Max. (µs)||15.0|
|CMR (min.) (V/µs)||1000.0|
|UL Insulation Rating Viso (VRMS)||3750.0|
|IEC Maximum Working Insulation Voltage Viorm (VPEAK)||560|