Dual Channel Low Input Current, High Gain Optocouplers
This dual channel optocoupler contains a separated pair of GaAsP light emitting diodes optically coupled to a pair of integrated high gain photo detectors. It provides extremely high current transfer ratio and excellent input-output common mode transient immunity. A separate pin for the photodiodes and first gain stages (VCC) permits lower output saturation voltage and higher speed operation possible with conventional photodarlington type optocouplers. In addition, VCC may be as low as 1.6 V without adversely affecting the parametric performance. It is available in an 8-Pin DIP package.
Guaranteed operation at low input currents and the high current transfer ratio (CTR) reduce the magnitude and effects of CTR degradation.
The outstanding high temperature performance of this split Darlington type output amplifier results from the inclusion of an integrated emitter-base bypass resistor which shunts photodiode and first stage leakage currents to grounds.
The HCPL-2730 is specified at an input current of 1.6 mA and have a 7 V VCC and VO rating. The 300% minimum CTR allows TTL to TTL interfacing at this input current.
Important specifications such as CTR, leakage current, output saturation voltage are guaranteed over the 0 degrees C to 70 degrees C temperature range to allow trouble-free system operation. Selection for lower input currents down to 250 mA is available upon request.
- High Current Transfer Ratio - 1800% Typical
- Low Input Current Requirements - 0.5 mA
- Low Output Saturation Voltage - 0.1 V
- High Density Packaging
- Performance Guaranteed over Temperature 0 degrees C to 70 degrees C
- LSTTL Compatible
- High Output Current - 60 mA
- Safety Approval:
- Available in 8 Pin DIP and SO-8 Footprint
- Surface Mount Gull Wing Option Available for 8-Pin DIP (Option 300)
- Options available are:
300 = Gull Wing Surface Mount Option
500 = Tape and Reel Packaging Option
XXXE = Lead Free Option
- Digital Logic Ground Isolation
- Telephone Ring Detector
- Level Shifting
- EIA RS-232C Line Receiver
- Polarity Sensing
- Low Input Current Line Receiver - Long Line or Party Line
- Microprocessor Bus Isolation
- Current Loop Receiver
- Line Voltage Status Indicator - Low Input Power Dissipation
RoHSPb & Pb-free options available
|RoHS6 Compliant||Pb & Pb-free options available|
|Max Qty of Samples||20|
|Product Type||100 KBd Darlington Transistor Output|
|IF Min. (mA)||0.5|
|CTR Min. (%)||400.0|
|CTR Max. (%)||5000|
|Prop Delay (tPLH) Max. (µs)||35.0|
|Prop Delay (tPHL) Max. (µs)||20.0|
|CMR (min.) (V/µs)||1000.0|
|UL Insulation Rating Viso (VRMS)||5000.0|
|IEC Maximum Working Insulation Voltage Viorm (VPEAK)||630|