Dual-channel (Bi-directional) High Speed CMOS Optocoupler
The ACSL-7210 is a dual-channel bi-directional 25MBd digital optocoupler optimized for bi-directional industrial communication networks using high speed protocols such as PROFIBUS fieldbus and Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI). The device utilizes Broadcom's proprietary CMOS IC and patented packaging technologies to achieve high isolation voltage of 3750 VRMS in a <2mm low profile narrow-body SOIC-8 package.
The main building blocks of the ACSL-7210 for each channel are a CMOS LED driver IC which is controlled by a CMOS logic input signal, a high speed LED and a CMOS detector IC. These building blocks enable propagation delay of 40 ns and short pulse width distortion 10ns maximum to meet the digital isolation design needs of high speed industrial communication networks.
The ACSL-7210 has common-mode noise immunity of 35 kV/μs at 1000 VCM, with UL recognized with isolation voltage of 3750 VRMS for 1 minute and IEC/EN/DIN EN 60747-5-5 compliant with working insulation voltage VIORM of 567 VPEAK and reinforced insulation.
- Dual Channel (in Opposite Direction Orientation)
- 3.3V and 5V CMOS Compatibility
- CMOS Input and Output
- High Speed: DC to 25 MBd
- 40ns Maximum Propagation Delay
- 10ns Maximum Pulse Width Distortion
- 25kV/µs Minimum Common Mode Rejection (CMR) at VCM = 1000 V
- Guaranteed AC and DC Performance over Wide Temperature Range: -40°C to +105°C
- Safety and Regulatory Approvals
- UL 1577 - 3750 VRMS for 1 min
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice #5
- IEC/EN/DIN EN 60747-5-5 with Reinforced Insulation
- Available Options:
06RE = IEC/EN/DIN EN 60747-5-5 VIORM = 567 VPEAK, Lead Free Option
50RE = Tape and Reel Packaging, Lead Free Option
- Digital Fieldbus Isolation: PROFIBUS, CC-Link, DeviceNet, SDS
- Multiplexed Data Transmission
- General Instrument and Data Acquisition
- Computer Peripheral Interface
- Microprocessor System Interface
|RoHS6 Compliant||Pb-free options only|
|Product Type||High Speed CMOS Logic Gate|
|Prop Delay (tPLH) Max. (µs)||40.0|
|Prop Delay (tPHL) Max. (µs)||40.0|
|CMR (min.) (V/µs)||25000.0|
|UL Insulation Rating Viso (VRMS)||3750.0|
|IEC Maximum Working Insulation Voltage Viorm (VPEAK)||567|
If you are looking for older or archived product downloads, please use the documents and downloads search tool.