Small Outline, 5 Lead, High Speed Optocouplers
The Broadcom HCPL-M453 is a power module interface optocoupler. This small outline high CMR, high speed, diode-transistor optocoupler is a single channel device in a five lead miniature footprint. Its SO-5 JEDEC registered (MO-155) package outline does not require "through holes" in a PCB. This package occupies approximately one-fourth the footprint area of the standard dual-in-line package. The lead profile is designed to be compatible with standard surface mount processes.
It uses an insulating layer between the light emitting diode and an integrated photon detector to provide electrical insulation between input and output. Separate connections for the photodiode bias and output transistor collector increase the speed up to a hundred times over that of a conventional photo-transistor coupler by reducing the base-collector capacitance.
The HCPL-M453 is an HCPL-M452 with increased common mode transient immunity at 15000 V/ms minimum at VCM = 1500 V guaranteed.
- Surface Mountable
- Very Small, Low Profile JEDEC Registered Package Outline
- Compatible with Infrared Vapor Phase Reflow and Wave Soldering Processes
- Very High Common Mode Transient Immunity: 15000 V/us at VCM = 1500V Guaranteed
- High Speed: 1 Mb/s
- TTL Compatible
- Open Collector Output
- Recognized Under the Component Program of U.L. (File No. E55361) for Dielectric Withstand Proof Test Voltage of 3750 Vac, 1 Minute
- Lead Free Option "-000E"
- Line Receivers - High common mode transient immunity (>1000 V/ms) and low input-output capacitance (0.6 pF)
- High Speed Logic Ground Isolation - TTL/TTL, TTL/LTTL, TTL/CMOS, TTL/LSTTL
- Replace Slow Phototransistor Optocouplers
- Replace Pulse Transformers - Save board space and weight
- Analog Signal Ground Isolation - Integrated photon detector provides improved linearity over phototransistor type
|Product Type||1 MBd Transistor Optocoupler|
|Max Qty of Samples||20|
|RoHS6 Compliant||Pb & Pb-free options available|
|IF Min. (mA)||16.0|
|CTR Min. (%)||15.0|
|Prop Delay (tPLH) Max. (µs)||1.0|
|Prop Delay (tPHL) Max. (µs)||1.0|
|CMR (min.) (V/µs)||15000.0|
|UL Insulation Rating Viso (VRMS)||3750|
|IEC Maximum Working Insulation Voltage Viorm (VPEAK)||567.0|